Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Workout Video Review


My younger sister Maddie (left) and I (right) go absolutely crazy for workout videos. We pretty much grew up on Taebo and Mauri Winsor Pilates. We were in heaven when we discovered the Sport and Fitness section of Comcast Digital cable because it was like a plethora of free and varied workout videos that was updated constantly.

Mads and I are also big fans of the Kardashians. Even though Khloe is the youngest, we agree that I'm more like Khloe and she's more like Kourtney, which would leave my older sister Sammy being Kim. All of this is irrelevent. I'm just saying we like the Kardashians. So Maddie decided to buy Kim Kardashian's "Fit in Your Jeans by Friday" workout video. We did it on Thursday and I have a few comments

First of all, Kim Kardashian doesn't even lead the workout. She follows the lead of a trainer. Next, Kim's outfit is ridiculous. She wears leather-looking leggings that are so tight they give her a muffin top, and a black shirt with a cut out section in the chest, revealing her pink bra. And no, it's not a sports bra. How can you do a serious workout without a sports bra? My guess is the video was less about her working out and more about people buying the video just to check her out. My final complaint about the video was that a large portion of it was done using a workout step, which we didn't have. But don't worry, we modified as best we could. And when I say me I mean Maddie, because I didn't do the whole video.

Depsite my gripes, I wasn't able to walk properly until Monday--nearly four days after I did the video. So all in all I'd say it was a decent workout. Good job Kim, aka whoever the actual trainer was that lead the workout.

4 comments:

  1. But could you fit in your jeans by Friday? I think it would be really cool if one of you tried the video everyday for a week to see if it actually helped you go down a pants size or whatever they're claiming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for claims like that. It's easier for me to guage a workout on how much I sweat and what muscles I can feel working. There are too many external factors to consider actually dropping a pants size in a week. My sister is trying to see if it works, but I'd rather stick to working different muscle groups and making sure my calories burned is more than calories consumed every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably wise. I've never stuck with any diet/exercise program long enough to see if the claims hold true.

    ReplyDelete