Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tweet What You Eat


Food diaries have been the topic of my previous post, and now it seems easier than ever to keep one, simply by sending a text message or getting on Twitter.


Yesterday I stumbled upon Tweet What You Eat. You use it by sending a direct message of what you ate and the number of calories to TWYE through your Twitter account.


I have been keeping a paper food diary, but I often wait until the end of the day to fill it out. This means I may not remember exactly what I've eaten throughout the day. With TWYE, I can simply text in what I ate right after I put it in my mouth, making my food consumption account more accurate, and also more simple.


I definitely think this is a more useful way to use Twitter. When I first signed up for a Twitter account, I found it pretty pointless. In fact, I still mostly use it to post song lyrics I like. But I think new services like TWYE and Tweet What You Spend make the whole Twittering idea more worthwhile in my mind.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you can make that daily list a little longer...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1227743/Its-official--eat-stay-healthy.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailymail%2Fhome+%28Home+|+Mail+Online%29
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I don't know if I trust this they say crisps instead of chips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It kind of bothers me that they don't really give a reason for why you can eat 400 more calories a day. All they say is this: The findings are based on a more accurate interpretation of physical activity levels in the UK by the SACN.

    ...but then they don't explain it in anymore detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you been using TWYE (very often)? I'm interested to see if putting the calories into a visible numerical figure has a considerable effect on what you have been eating. I have been following the "I'm broke" diet, which basically is followed by having no money for food. Also called the "involuntary starvation" diet.

    ReplyDelete