Sunday, November 8, 2009

Facebook Fitness



Don't let the title of this post deceive you, this post is about a fitness conversation I (right) had with my sister from from another mister, Abby (left) on facebook that I decided to post because I find it funny yet still informative.

Lexie: I need an estimate of how much protein you eat a day. Make sure to
include sperm in that count.

Danielle (Abby's real sister): wow thats alot of protein if your including
sperm !

Lexie: LOL danielle you're SO raunchy

Abby: youre freaking crazy.. lol.i dont know how much protein i eat.but
heres what ive eaten so far. 100 calorie pack of fudge stripes. spesh k bar. a
peice of pizza and some grapes. and water

Lexie: Definitely not enough protein so far. Protein is going to control
your appetite because it takes longer to digest so you will feel fuller for
longer. I would suggest eating eggs or egg whites in the morning, or at least
whole grain bread with peanut butter. You can also buy bread that has double
protein in it. Other good sources of protein are cottage cheese and greek yogurt, in addition of course to meat and
cheese. I'd aim for at least 50 grams of protein a day. A serving of chicken or
fish will have about 20-30.

Lexie: You can stop eating foods like special k bars and 100 calorie packs.
These don't really have much substance. I'd rather have you getting your
calories from foods that are going to provide your body with the vitamins and
energy it needs. For instance, you've eaten no vegetables yet today unless there
were veggies on your pizza.

Sammy (my other real sister): I'm sorry... did I miss when you get an
education in nutrition?

Lexie: I have nothing better to do at work than read up on healthy
eating.

Sammy: lol at least it's beneficial

Abby and I texted a little before this convo as well. She basically was constantly hungry and therefore having a hard time losing weight. I suggested eating an apple before each meal. She said she usually eats 2 a day already. I suggested chewing gum. She already did that too. I suggested brushing her teeth after she ate so she wouldn't be tempted to eat more. She agreed. And then I got down to thinking about how filling protein was, and how she probably wasn't getting enough of it, so there, that conversation was born.
This post was really dumb but too bad. I like it.

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll try that too, if my teeth are clean , I won't want to get them dirty again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you eat fiber. Spurge on the super healthy bread; it will keep you full. All of that 100 calorie stuff is great to kill your sweet tooth, but a 100 calorie pack, an apple and gum is just going to leave you hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apples are a good source of fiber, though. You're right also that whole grains like whole grain bread are also very filling.

    ReplyDelete