Monday, November 30, 2009

Green Monster


Lately I've been really attached to a blog called Oh She Glows. I'd describe the blog as a healthy lifestyle blog, written by a girl named Angela who has overcome an eating disorder. Angela started the Green Monster Movement, which basically is having a healthy smoothie every morning. A virgin Green Monster consists of 2 cups spinach, 1 cup of any kind of milk, flax, and a banana. I decided to give it a whirl.


This morning I blended up 2 cups spinach, 1 cup light vanilla soy milk, 1 banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, and some ice. It's not the tastiest thing in the world, but it's definitely drinkable. I also noticed that I had a ton of energy this morning when I went to work at 8:30 AM (ugh).


Angela writes about her experience with the benefits of the green monster: "I have noticed a HUGE increase in my energy, along with a decrease in cravings for sweets. My skin has also become more clear and my hair and nails started growing like weeds!"


I definitely forsee myself experimenting with different green monster recipes. I'm not the hugest breakfast fan so a green monster is something light, healthy, and portable that I think I can handle. It's a great way to sneak in some veggies in the morning, since I think this is kind of hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment