Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Workout Playlists

Studies have shown that listening to music while you exercise can help you go farther and work harder. Below I've listed some songs from my personal workout playlists. I will warn you that I have a totally random, often retarded, taste in music. Nonetheless, these songs get me moving.
  • Reach for the Sky--Social Distortion
  • Crazy--Gnarls Barkley
  • Poison--Groove Coverage (original by Alice Cooper)
  • Lovestoned--Justin Timberlake
  • Let it Rock--Kevin Rudolf
  • Fingerprints--Katy Perry
  • You're Gonna Go Far, Kid--The Offspring
  • Total Eclipse of the Heart--Nikki French (original by Bonnie Tyler)
  • Push It--Salt 'N' Pepper
  • Alone--Kim Sozzi (original by Heart)
  • Around the World--ATC
  • Somebody Told Me--The Killers
  • It's Tricky--Run DMC
  • Beast and the Harlot--Avenged Sevenfold
  • No Reason--Sum 41
  • Injection--Rise Against
  • 4ever--the Veronicas
  • Show Me the Money--Petey Pablo
  • Lollipop (Candyman)--Aqua
  • Bleed it Out--Linkin Park
  • More to Life--Stacey Orrico
  • Holiday--Green Day

In addition to these, Shape and Fitness magazines also have entire portions of their sites dedicated to workout playlists. They update these often and even include the playlists that certain celebrities work out to.

  1. Shape Magazine Workout Playlists
  2. Fitness Magazine Workout Playlists

I'd be interested to know what other people's favorite songs to work out to are. Post them if you'd like :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a person who cannot workout if I don't have my ipod glued to my side. Silence is the worst and tv doesn't often help. I've also tried to read while on the treadmill. That didn't work out so well.

    I love that the fitness magazines made their playlists downloadable from their sites. It's always easiest to have a playlist made before going to the gym, because it can be really distracting when you have to keep switching the songs. Sometimes, shuffle doesn't cut it either. By getting playlists from these sites, all you have to do is download the music and you're ready to head to the gym. Not having to spend time making your own playlist means you have more time to workout. It's a win win situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The NY Times Mag from this past sunday is all about FOOD. You should def. check it out!

    ReplyDelete