Monday, October 12, 2009

Cheap Fitness

Gym memberships are expensive. Cardio equipment is expensive. Weight sets are expensive. Let's face it, fitness can be expensive. But it doesn't have to be. One of my favorite pieces of cardio equipment cost me about $6. The jump rope. Seriously. Try it for a few minutes and you'll feel it. Last year I rearranged my entire room at Centre Plaza so I would have room to jump rope. This year, I wouldn't dream of putting my floors in my old house through that, but there's always the park down the street.

Here are a few jump rope workouts I've found online, but even if you just jump or skip for ten minutes you'll burn major calories.

10-minute jump rope workout
12-minute jump rope workout
15-minute jump rope workout
Jump Rope Calorie Burner

3 comments:

  1. Its good to get your heart rate up, but do you enjoy it? I am just wondering because I know that the calorie counter on a treadmill drives me nuts and totally kills any enjoyment I might get out of walking or running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I hate the calorie counter. I cover it up with a magazine.

    I don't necessarily always enjoy my workouts but I enjoy the accomplishment I feel once I've completed them. Plus I also definitely enjoy my workouts more whenever I don't always do the same thing. Always being on the treadmill would suck, but running outside, or doing a jumprope workout, or something else will keep things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. ลู่วิ่งไฟฟ้า ราคาถูก

    ReplyDelete